This is ELMS description by Microsoft:
"Microsoft has partnered with e-academy to create Electronic License
Management System (ELMS), a license management system that can be
custom-tailored to meet the specific needs of your department. Your
students and faculty can download MSDN AA software and license keys from
your department’s exclusive online download center."
- I started to download Windows 8
- The download successfully started
- The progress bar went up to 100% and nicely showed the remaining time.
- Yes … I was excited about having it on my computer … No … wait … what? It started the download again? See the "Downloading …" by the pause button. What was it doing until now? There was nothing by the button so far.
- The progress bar went up again to 100%
- This time it did it for real!
Why did the progress bar need to go up to 100% twice? Was it just joking the first time and then did it for real? First time I had an estimate downloading time. Second time I didn’t. What was going on?
This is interface with no appropriate feedback. It let’s users wonder what is going on.